- Those interested in entry-level careers as registered dietitians.
- Those who wish to complete an internship in California which maximizes the freedom they have in completing their supervised practice.
- Those who need to fulfill supervised practice hours required to take and pass the CDR Registration Exam for Dietitians, but were turned down by DICAS.
Individualized Supervised Practice Pathways at CSULB (CSULB-ISPP)
Professional Development Course
The Individualized Supervised Practice Pathways (ISPP) at California State University Long Beach (CSULB) is a student-centered dietetic internship which maximizes a dietetic intern’s freedom in fulfilling supervised practice hours needed for eligibility to take and pass the CDR Registration Examination for Dietitians. The CSULB-ISPP program will provide the 1,200 hours of supervised practice necessary to earn a verification statement, which allows the graduate to register for the CDR Registration Examination for Dietitians.
Interns are immersed in a learning environment designed to produce competent and productive entry-level registered dietitians who can think critically, communicate effectively, embrace diversity, demonstrate knowledge and practical skills, and proactively pursue professional activity within their local communities.
The CSULB-ISPP program is an approved program under the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), within the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, but is administered by the College of Professional and International Education (CPIE). The CSULB-ISPP program is divided into two pathways:
- Pathway 1 (P1) - accepts qualified DPD graduates who received a DPD Verification Statement (VS), and were not matched on one occasion through Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS).
- Pathway 2 (P2) - accepts applicants who have earned doctoral degrees and met other criteria as set forth by the program.
The Individualized Supervised Practice Pathways Program at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB-ISPP) is an approved track within an already ACEND-accredited DPD program.
California State University, Long Beach’s Didactic Program in Dietetics is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606, (312)899-0040, extension 5400.
2019-2020 CSULB-ISPP cohort