- Strategic planners in the transportation industry
- Newcomers to the transportation industry
- Logistics executives
- Freight forwarders
- Customs brokers
- Traffic managers
- Warehousing and distribution professionals
- Customer service managers
- Computer consultants servicing the transportation industry
- Shippers, importers, and exporters
- Commercial real estate professionals
- Industry consultants
Global Logistics for International Students
A Professional Designation Program
CSULB’s Center for International Trade and Transportation (CITT) offers the Global Logistics Professional (GLP) program for international students. Through this program, you will participate in all six courses of the Global Logistics Professional (GLP) program with regional industry experts, fellow classmates from CSULB, and students from around the world. The six-month program is designed to provide supply chain and logistics training from a U.S. perspective. Additionally, it offers English language instruction from CSULB’s American Language Institute (ALI) and/or courses offered through Open University. Students will also experience various aspects of the U.S. culture.
The GLP designation is endorsed by industry professionals as a comprehensive educational program for individuals entering or seeking advancement in the field of supply chain management and logistics. The designation enhances marketability and opportunities for career advancement.
The GLP program is grouped into five individual courses and a final team Capstone Project, which includes an oral presentation and written logistics plan.
- Placement test and orientation
- Intensive English courses
- ALI non-credit electives or CSULB courses through Open University
- Optional activities such as city tours, visits to Southern California theme parks, professional sporting events, and participation in ALI Conversation Lab
- Housing assistance available
- International students must maintain full-time student status while participating in the program.
- International students enrolled in a full-time program at a different institution may be able to concurrently enroll in the GLP program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- International students must successfully complete ALI’s Level 4 course or meet the minimum score for the TOEFL iBT 61 or IELTS 5.5.